Skip to content
My Cart (
Diablo DCX Tuning
SCT Bully Dog Tuning
AEM Universal Wideband Failsafe Gauge
AEM Failsafe Gauge: The Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge is a Universal Exhaust Gas Oxygen (UEGO—“you-way-go”) controller with an internal boost sensor, an internal data logger and a full color Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) display. It includes technology to activate a failsafe strategy in the event AFR falls outside of a user-defined operating window. If the AFR falls outside of the set operating window, the Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge triggers a user defined output function that can save an engine from catastrophic damage.
*WHAT IT INCLUDES*
The 52mm (2-1/16”) Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge includes a Bosch 4.2LSU AFR wideband sensor for monitoring and feedback of AFR and an on-board boost sensor to read vacuum or boost pressures up to 30 PSIG. Both boost and AFR can be displayed in real time on the gauge’s face using the full color OLED screen and 24 three-color sweeping LEDs. The gauge includes a low side output for triggering a failsafe strategy in the event AFR falls outside of the operating window (see example strategies, below), and an RPM input to log RPM for tuning purposes.
*WHAT IT DOES*
After the engine is tuned and a safe operating window of AFR is established, the Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge continually monitors AFR and boost or vacuum to make sure that AFR does not fall out of the defined operating window at a given boost or vacuum level. If the Wideband Failsafe detects an out of range AFR reading, the gauge triggers a low side output (ground signal with a 1.5 amp draw max) that can save your engine from catastrophic damage (see example strategies, below).
Use the gauge’s intuitive software to configure the low side output, create a user-adjustable time delay strategy to prevent false alarms, and customize the gauge lighting to flash and alert the driver if an alarm is triggered.
The system contains an on-board data logger for logging over three hours of data recording (20 Hz per parameter) of AFR, RPM, boost, alarm, and others. Data logs can be downloaded for viewing in the new AEMdata software.
Additionally, the Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge is an ideal engine tuning tool. The highly accurate Bosch AFR wideband sensor is maintenance free and never requires free-air calibration, enabling you to fine tune AFR from an AEM programmable engine management system, any other programmable EMS or piggyback programmer. For carbureted applications, it can tell you when it’s time to swap carb(s), change jets or simply modify fuel pressure.
*WIDEBAND FAILSAFE GAUGE TECHNICAL FEATURES:*
* Displays both boost or vacuum and AFR or Lambda simultaneously on the same gauge
* No free air calibration required – ever
* Internal boost sensor
* Bosch Wideband UEGO sensor and weld-in bung included
* On-Board 3+ hour Datalogging capability at 20hz per parameter
* Full color Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) Display in center, user selectable feature (boost/vacuum or AFR)
* 24 three-color sweeping LEDs, user selectable feature (boost/vacuum or AFR)
* Intuitive set up software
* Dimmer input included
* Interchangeable faceplates and bezels (see options, below)
* Data analysis using AEMdata software
*WIDEBAND FAILSAFE GAUGE INSTALLATION FEATURES:*
* AEMnet compatible (CAN 2.0)
* Differential AFR analog output
* Differential boost analog output
* Configurable RPM input for logging
* One low-side driver output (Ground with 1.5 amp max draw)
* Positive-lock connectors
* Tunable PC-based software with USB connectivity
* Time based reset for outputs
*WIDEBAND FAILSAFE GAUGE FACEPLATE STYLES:*
Kit comes with 6 different faceplates and black and silver bezels.
* Black Vacuum only in sweeping LEDs
* Black and White AFR in sweeping LEDs
* Black and White Vacuum/Boost in sweeping LEDs
* Black Lambda in sweeping LEDs
Share your knowledge of this product with other customers...
Be the first to write a review
Browse for more products in the same category as this item: